Sabyasachi Mukherjee, an icon in the world of bridal fashion, never fails to charm us with his dreamy collections. His celebrity client list includes Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Sridevi Kapoor, and this is just to name a few. If you have not yet witnessed his latest UDAIPUR COLLECTION, which we can only believe is handcrafted by angels, then you’re immensely missing out.
The collection stands to be perfect for you spring brides out there as it combines the Royal charm of Rajasthan with the floral hues.
When asked about his inspiration for the Udaipur collection, Sabyasachi said, “Whether the maharanis in their French chiffon with European flora and fauna print, the maharajas in their quiet arrogance, the exuberant interiors of their majestic palaces, their culture, traditions of clothing, their often eclectic tastes in luxury, all of those notions and insinuations come to life with my creative liberty in the Udaipur collection.”
Sabyasachi, for real, projects out from the rest of the designer crowd because of his peculiar ability to amalgamate the True Indian with the Modern Indian. As said by him in an interview, “Whether I do Western, Eastern or a combination, I always use Indian handcrafts, and all my clothes are handmade. Traditional textiles block prints, weaves and embroidery are a constant in my collections”.
The Udaipur Collection by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, has richness in its colours, regal charm and floral pastels and is highly assured to turn heads.
Take a Look
1) Can we take a moment to fall in love (again and again) with these low-cut summer blouses? The low cut fashion trend has been forever in style in the global world and it has made a staggering entry in the Indian bridal fashion world. The blouse has been paired up beautifully with a banarsi-floral skirt made more beautiful with a wide border. Same can be said about the dupattas, super dreamy!
2) Another thing to love about Sabyasachi is that he’s blessed with how to rock the art of colour combination. Apart from his single-colour creations, he perfectly creates contrasting shades in a single lehenga/saree and it looks so aesthetically pleasing, don’t you think?
3) If you want your lehenga to match your personality and that’s not floral, Sabyasachi still got your back girl! I took a moment here to admire the beadwork and I have one word to describe this: Gorgeous. No, two words: Insanely gorgeous.
4) For the cocktail or any other less-glam function, this would make a perfect pick as it’s such a perfect blend of classy and gorgeous. And sure enough, Jhanvi Kapoor is slaying it here!
5) Want to skip the traditional ways? Sabya’s got you too. This indo-western fusion speaks volumes. It boasts off a sequinned cape, pleated material across the shoulders which gives it a saree-vibe, and an overall gown like fall.
6) Let’s talk about colours. You have a wide variety to choose from, be it for a destination wedding, a regal Rajasthani wedding or a glam and glitter wedding. The texture, cut, handcrafted and handpainted work and the final assembling of each aspect in a striking way is commendable. I love how even the makeup, jewellery and hairstyle are done to match the Indian tones of every Sabyasachi creation.
7) I used to think Sarees are ultimately beautiful and nothing can make me love them more, and I was wrong. Sabya takes Saree-loving to a whole other level. With the astonishingly stunning blouses, pattern and the fall, you skip a beat every time you come across them.
Another thing to love about Sabyasachi is that have you ever noticed how all the models for his creations, literally all of them, are Indian/ have conclusively Indian features, and this marks the heart and soul of every single one of his surreal creation- Indian is the base of it all.
Recommended Read: Spring Wedding Trends in India
All of the above images (and the rest of the pieces of each of his collection) have my heart. Remember to comment if you’re as big a Sabyasachi fan as I am, and tell us about your favourite Sabyasachi dress of all time.
Apart from swooning over the gorgeous apparel, we hope our spring brides have made the (right) decision to choose Sabyasachi Mukherjee over every other thing. Happy shopping!