Weddings are a great reason to go all out and make yourself the most important person in the room. Being the bride of course helps and all the attention is always on you but that does put even more pressure on you. It is the pressure of not looking tired, always being energetic, being joyous. A heavy outfit makes it all the more difficult. But at the same time, it is important to maintain a gorgeous and heavy look according to tradition.
In these days where people don’t like to dress up much or not dress heavily the day of heavy jewelry and outfits might not be the greatest choice for a bride of today. In such cases, a simple but gorgeous looking jewelry might be a respite. While some people might prefer the heavy traditional looks there are some brides, who prefer the lighter options.
Some choices are listed below to cater to both tastes:
- Ruby and Emerald – This is one of the best chokers to buy when looking for them on the broader side. Made in four distinct layers, it starts with a layer of pearls on top, which is followed by a more intricate layer. This layer, made of stones sees the merging of two designs, both keeping a red stone as its center. This is followed by two layers of dropdowns. One of the green beads and the other kept similar to the second layer to keep the congruence of the necklace. The alternate short and long layers keep it from being too full.
- A dazzling spring – Dazzle with big and small gems in good contrast. A base of white gems is one of the best chokers to buy to contrast with any color, but there is something in the emerald green and white combination that makes it look majestic on a different level. Inspired by floral designs, the bigger green gems are set in ovals made with smaller leaf-shaped white gems. This part of the design, set in broadband, making the base of the choker attached to a simpler design of three layers of stranded designs. The second strand keeps a simple flower at its center and the last has teardrop-shaped stones on it.
- Traditional gold and green – A dusty gold paired with a dark, rich emerald green especially against a fair complexion is one of the best chokers to buy in among this combination. The plus point about the choker of this combination is that it goes with a maximum of combinations. If your lehenga or saree is in light colors you can wear it as a contrast. It also combines well with heavy lehengas. Most lehengas have a work in gold and green and this choker compliments it very well. It is not too heavy having a simple band of dark emerald stones, each bordered with a thin square of gold. Having this as the main base the choker expands downwards with alternating small gold danglers. The alternation is not only in height but also in shades of gold. The same goes for above the base, only shorter in length.
- A setting in white – This is one of the best chokers to buy when one wants to go classy with monotone on white. This is a very modern look, made with only white stones, diamonds, adding the pearl white at the end as a cutting-edge look. This choker is made by putting together a number of vertical strands of stones. To save the choker from too much monotony, the strands of stones put together are alternated between two kinds. One is of two small stones forming a continuous array of arrowheads ending in a teardrop. The other is a single long white stone ending in a pearl at the end. The pearl is kept longer than the teardrop giving it a broader base. The top of the choker is alternated with big and small circles. The good thing about a monotone choker is that it goes with any colour and for any occasion. A monotone in white choker would ideally go with darker and cooler shades like blue and green.
- The metallics – A mix of the shiny metallics, this choker is made in shades of copper bronze and a whiter shade of the diamond. It is made in a net-like fashion. The only mix of the two colors is in the top strand in the shape of small flowers with pointed petals. The rest of the necklace is a net of small white stones. The net is made of ten lines. This keeps the necklace simple and gorgeous. The slight monotone of the necklace makes it one of the best chokers to buy whether it be for a traditional look or modern style.
The above are just a few instances of what is trending in the markets. There is a number of combinations and styles waiting to be tried on so come the wedding season have a style in mind, suited best to your style and find out what your choker will be!