A healthy and radiant looking skin is every woman’s dream and oh what we don’t go through to keep that dream alive. Face masks, cleansing appointments, turmeric, tomato and what not. All of that load can take a break as Bio-oil recently stepped foot in India and it is as successful as they say. Keep reading to know some great wonders of Bio-oil…
WONDERS OF BIO-OIL AND WHY EVERY GIRL NEEDS TO OWN IT
What IS Bio-oil?
From wrinkles to acne to stretch marks, Bio-oil is a specialist skincare product which has won over 200 skincare awards since its launch in 2011. It is famously described as “the multi-tasking skin savior” treating the dehydrated, aging and uneven skin. PurCellin oil is the main force behind this gem product which includes vitamin A, E, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil and Chamomile Oil; which forms a protective layer over the skin with its nourishing ingredients and heals. Bonus point includes it being preservatives free and is also not tested on animals.
This oil was brought to my attention by Khloe Kardashian, who swears by this product for her night-time routine. She claimed, “I layer this stuff on real thick, go to bed, and let it work its magic”. Kim is also seen praising the oil when she mentioned on her website that she puts it all over her body. Other celebrities who use bio-oil religiously include KellyBrook, Denise Van Outen, and Melanie Brown.
The price for a 60ml bottle is Rs 450 and lasts up to 36 months. So it is quite affordable. It has a flowery kind of scent, all thanks to the inclusion of lavender and rosemary extracts.
The product comes in a transparent bottle which is very convenient to use for both storage and travel. It also includes an instruction manual which even has diagrams about the application procedure. You can easily track how much product you’ve been using as the bottle is completely transparent. The texture is very smooth and light and you don’t have to worry about it being harsh on the skin. Remember that a little of this product goes a long way so the shelf life is quite decent.
How to apply?
Massage the affected area in circular motions (commonly called as Tactile therapy) twice a day for a minimum of 3 months. Of course, the older scars will take longer to heal compared to the recent ones. During pregnancy, apply the same amount from the start of the second trimester. Do not apply this to a broken skin.
Wonders of Bio Oil
- Suitable for all sorts of skin.
- Ever-rising pollution level, exposure to the harming UV rays, discoloration due to acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation and other such factors lead up to an uneven skin tone and this is something almost every individual faces. Bio oil comes to the rescue with ample amount of vitamins that restore the natural moisture and glow to the face.
- Highly recommended for dehydrated, flaky skin to restore the natural moisture.
- It can be used to combat any signs of wrinkles that show up on the face. Also, don’t use too much around areas like the eyes and mouth. A little bit goes a long way.
- It is deeply enriched with skin-friendly essential oils.
- It also helps in protecting nail cuticles. Apply on the area and massage for a few seconds.
- Feel like calling in sick and taking the day to simply relax? Bio oil can also be effectively used as massage oil for the body.
- Make baths more soothing by using it as a deeply moisturizing bath oil.
- You can use it on the whole body including hair and it works like a charm.
- It can be even used to treat burn marks on the skin, provided regular usage of 3 times a day for at least 8 months to begin seeing the results.
- It helps in softening the redness and size of scars.
These and more benefits are gifted to us by this oil also commonly known as “miracle oil”. For reasons like these, bio-oil is something you should keep handy at all times but remember, for the results to actually be perceivable soon you have to apply it religiously on the skin every single day. But that’s true of any normal oil too.
Wonders of bio-oil are too many, what are you still waiting for? Go get it!